Friday, February 22, 2008

A Post-It Note on My Way Out

I’m back from solitude, and pretty much literally heading out the door for a ministry conference in Cincinnati, so I don’t have much time to write the kind of post I want to (I rather feel like I'm leaving you with a Post-It note on the fridge..."Hi, it's me. Had to run, be back soon. Leftovers are in the fridge..."). I thought I'd at least check in, though.


This solitude time was very different for me than the last one I took in November. I guess you could say that it wasn’t as emotionally intense. Instead, it really was like an intimate getaway with my Holy Husband. We took walks, watched the snow fall together over a cup of hot chocolate, slept some and chatted quite a bit. It was really just a sweet time away to reconnect with the Lord.

He did deal with me on two very important things while I was there: my shoes and the temple (metaphorically speaking, of course). I can’t wait to tell you what those things are and what He spoke into my life, but I guess I’ll have to. The road is calling, and so are the clothes I’m supposed to take – I haven’t even packed yet and I’m leaving in an hour (yep, there goes Old Lady P32 again). So I’ll have to get back to you on Tuesday unless I somehow find a computer at the conference.

Sorry I’ve been so scattered in my posts lately – it truly has been a bad week or two for writing. I’ll get things back on course soon, though. I’ve gotta run for now – pray for us as we drive through the ice and snow!


No comments: