Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time Keeps on Slippin', Slippin'....






Well, we did it! We survived the first day of Kindergarten. I totally cannot believe I have a kid in elementary school. I saw a napkin (of all things) the other day that totally sums up what I'm thinking: "When did we become adults and how to we make it stop?" Argh! I'm the mom of a kid in KINDERGARTEN! What the world?

But seriously, he did great. He doesn't get to go back until Monday ("staggered enrollment" a.k.a. an ingenious way to confuse five year olds and their mothers), but he's got homework every night until then. Yup, I said homework. Right on, brother - it's just going to go downhill from here in that department. Might as well get started early, right?

So anyway, I got my Mom's Plan-It calendar in the mail from Amazon today, so I guess I can officially take a stab at being organized. That should be interesting. One starting Kindergarten, one starting preschool, and I'm trying to start freelancing. I think I'll need more than just a calendar...

I gotta run for now, but I'm trying to figure out a way to post my latest most embarrassing moment without offending anyone. I still can't decide if that's even possible, so who knows if it will make it on here or not. If I don't post it in the next couple of days and you really want to know, ask me by email and I'll send you the laughs right in your inbox. Just don't say I didn't warn you.




3 comments:

Jami said...

Sam - I wish we lived in the same town too!! I'm happy to hear you both survived the first day of school.

Keep me posted on how this goes. Time is ticking by so quickly! I'm sending you a big hug right now!!! (((((((((HUG)))))))

And - you better be sending me your embarassing moment! I wanna hear it! :)

Love you!

megs @ whadusay said...

If you don't post it, you can just add my e-mail right next to Jami's because I want to laugh too! :)

We are way too young to have Kindergartner's! 2 weeks and counting for us. I'm still trying not to think about it!

On Purpose said...

He looks like the coolest kindergartener I have ever seen in his matching shirt and backpack!!

Needing a laugh today...so please share the moment with me!

Oh and once you get the organization thing down...can you sprinkle some my way!!

Love and prayers!