Monday, January 21, 2008

What's Different?

Do your kids ever do this? My five year old has started a new thing where he'll say "Uh-oh, Mama..." and then hold up something with no indication whatsoever about what the "uh-oh" is referring to. Once recently it was his Megatron Transformer. Who in the world knows what that's supposed to look like in the first place to see what's different to make it an "uh-oh"? The other day it was his hand. He just held it there in front of my face forever. I kept asking, "What, Buddy? What's wrong with it?" And he just kept raising his eye brows and trusting it towards me like, Helloooo...can't you see that right there? It's obviously not right! I finally drug it out of him that he had set his hand down in a puddle of water and it was wet. Seriously. Water. That is so not an "uh-oh" in my book.

Anyway, some of you "regular" readers (thank you, by the way!) might have noticed that my post from Thursday was a little different. I posted an article for a contest Proverbs 31 was having. I only had a day or so to put it together, and I must say it didn't feel like my best, but I wanted to meet the challenge of getting it posted before the deadline. Over 100 women entered the contest, and they wound up picking 3 winners and 3 honorable mentions (I wasn't in either category, by the way). You can read some of them if you click here and go to Lysa TerKeurst's blog and looking under the post "Oh My Stars". There were some great articles submitted, most of which were more of a devotional style and less "technical" than mine. I think you would enjoy them!

So, I'm sure I'll be back with some normal rambling post tomorrow. I just wanted you to know why that last one was different. I didn't want you to sit there looking at it and wondering like I've been staring at things like Megatron and my son's hand lately. Honestly, it's like on of those pictures in the children's magazines that says "What's Different" at the top, and the only difference is a subtle little dot in the corner or something. I think he and I are going to be working on using our words to communicate this week....

See you back here tomorrow or so.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great picture of you and your family. I love reading your posts because I can so relate to every single word your write about your boys and life with them. I also find great encouragement in the lessons God sends your way. Keep 'em comin'!