Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's All A Matter of Perspective



My five year old cracked me up as we walked out of church Easter morning. He was excited over the day (and over his first ever piece of bubble gum given to him in Sunday school), and was kind of skipping and jumping through the now-empty parking lot. At one point he tried to jump off a curb and lost his balance. He scrambled and staggered like a cartoon character, and somehow managed not to eat the pavement. “Wow buddy! Nice save!” I commented.

He then stopped dead in his tracks, cocked his head to one side, and looked at me as if the proverbial light bulb had just clicked on.

“Jesus saved me!” he declared with an awe-filled voice.

I failed to catch the connection in his little mind with what had just transpired with his clumsy feet, so I rather thought he was regurgitating something he had learned in Sunday School that morning.

“Yeah, buddy, Jesus saved you…” was all I could think to reply.

We resumed walking/skipping and within seconds he tripped again. This time I got exactly what was going on in his mind.

“Whoa!” he yelled. “Jesus just saved me two times!”

Here’s to hoping Jesus saves you today.

“For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.”
Psalm 116:8-9



No comments: