Monday, August 10, 2009

Deep Thoughts (or not, actually)

Man, I’m struggling this morning. I have to just come out and say it. Not so much in like a spiritual sense or anything, but to physically get up and get going. Apparently, by the way, there’s a reason why they call it “Instant Breakfast” and not “Instant Something You Drink Part Of Before You Go To Bed”. I don’t know what’s in that stuff, but I might as well had a Mountain Dew last night – I hardly slept at all! And that’s the only thing I can think of that was different about my routine or my diet yesterday. Who knew?

So that, combined with the fact that I accidentally poured too much sugar on my Rice Chex this morning as I was trying to lightly sweeten them, and boom – I’m ready for a long, fat nap. Now all I have to do is convince the grocery shopping, my doctor’s appointment, work, the house cleaning and my rather impetuous four year old to put life on hold so I can actually take that nap. Yeah, I don’t see that happening, do you? I think I’m going to have to figure out something else, and fast.

That all being said, I had great intentions of writing something that actually made sense this morning, but I’m having a hard time at the present moment even thinking anything that makes sense. My head feels like it’s full of a thousand conversations being played back in slow motion. It’s a very heavy, muddled mass of confusion up there, and I just don’t think anything productive is going to come out of it right now. So I’m afraid I’ll have to leave you with an apologetic good morning, and a vow to try and write something more intelligent soon (when I’m not under the influence of Instant Breakfast and sugar).

I guess I’ll go now, get dressed, drive to the store with Little Man, shop for groceries, fight over why we don’t need yet another pointless toy, brainstorm a week’s worth of meals, and decide on something for lunch so I can come home and haul it all upstairs and put it away.

Time Out.

That nap’s sounding like a really good idea…


No comments: